Well just a reminder before I tell you- we are designed to be fat burners. We were never designed to have an emergency need to lower blood sugar levels and abuse the hormone insulin. Insulin’s main job is to shuttle blood glucose into the cells- as the gate keeper with the key to open up the door to through the cell wall. Instead we over consume carbohydrates- especially refined sugars and continously raise our blood sugar so high that the hormone insulin has to keep being released from the poor pancreas to lower the blood sugar levels to keep in homeostatisis. Sadly, we eat too much refined sugar and processed foods (and grains) that our insulin over compensates so we end up with a low blood sugar level- hypoglycemia.
Our metabolisms were designed to depend primarily on fat for energy- not only glucose. To burn fat is the normal and preferred metabolic state by the body. This fat burning machine is broken when we start over consuming carbohydrates- around 170 lbs of sugar is consumed per year! Sickening.
Let me repeat…
SUGAR BURNING METABOLISM TURNS OFF OUR FAT BURNING METABOLISM.
A Sugar Burner =
- a sugar burner can’t effectively burn stored fat for fuel
- a sugar burner depends on burning “kindling wood” over long slow burning logs (fat) for quick source energy
- a sugar burner will go through its stored fuel (glycogen-liver and muscles) quickly during exercise.
A Fat Burner =
- a fat burning metabolism burns stored fat for energy throughout the day
- a fat burner is able to oxidize dietary fat for energy
- a fat burner has lots of energy in storage to use for fuel
- a fat burner can rely on more long lasting energy for workouts and spare glycogen tank when needed
- a fat burner will feel not change in energy after meals (sugar burners are tired)
- a fat burner has sustained energy between meals (full for hours = eat less)
The major point to remember here is that we are wired to burn fats for our main fuel- not carbs but when you eat a high carb/sugar diet you are probably a sugar burner.
SUGAR BURNERS CAN NOT BURN FAT WHEN NEEDED.
FAT BURNERS CAN HANDLES SOME CARBS ALONG WITH FAT WITHOUT SPIKING BLOOD SUGAR AND SHIFTING TO BURNING GLUCOSE/CARBS/SUGAR OVER FATS.