After 25 years working in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor, personal trainer, program manager, run coach, triathlon coach, health coach, podcast host and fitness studio owner… I will now integrate all of my training together to become a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner by Nutritional Therapy Association and build The WHOLESTIC Method program to our community as well as online.
I will be continuing to host my weekly podcast called “The WHOLE Athlete” to discuss one of the eight elements of The WHOLESTIC Method with guest co-hosts to help transform lives and improve performance for life and sports! Locally, I will continue to train clients but I will be focusing more on nutritional therapy sessions with clients.
“That the myriad of health problems that plague modern society result from weaknesses in the body’s physiological foundations as a result of poor nutrition. As an education organization, NTA is dedicated to helping individuals and healthcare professionals understand and reverse the tragic and unsuspected effects of the modern diet on their patients and clients based on their bio-individual nutritional needs. Throughout our training programs and seminars, students access a wide range of education tools and connect nationally with other practitioners in the healing arts.”
We help individuals with different health goals to improve their vitality and energy from the inside out by building their foundations. The foundations not only focus on eating a properly prepared, nutrient dense whole foods diet, but also focusing on strengthening the five pillars:
- Blood Sugar Regulation
- Essential Fatty Acid Balance
- Mineral Balance
My niche varies as I know so many clients don’t feel their best and nutritional therapy can help most everyone! Most of us can benefit from improving our digestion – and balancing our nervous system (slowing down-pushing pause-reset). Our digestion system needs to work right or else we don’t absorb our nutrients then we have a cascade of other events and complications that can occur. How do we get started? A three-part series of sessions to begin our journey and transformational program.
- Client interview, food journal review and Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire Form (NAQ)
- Functional Evaluation: hands on portion of your treatment to tap into the innate intelligence of your body to see where your health priorities are based on the evaluation on reflex points. We will connect your brain to your body systems – and I will ask you to be energetically open minded so you can receive the messages your body is telling you. This information we receive from the functional evaluation will be combined with the information we gathered together from our first session as we do some investigation together to find the root causes of your symptoms to help reach your main concerns and goals. Another part of our functional evaluation is doing lingual neural testing to determine which nutrients your body asking for to heal. Very exciting and learning experience to listen to our bodies and make that internal connection!
- The third session will be our follow-up to create a WHOLE individualized plan based on our interview, NAQ, food journal and functional evaluation. I will provide a plan including nutrition suggestions, review any supplements the body asked for and re-assess to continue helping you reach your goals.
- We also include the option to add on our The WHOLESTIC Method Detox Program including strength training, mobility, myofascial release yoga, Athletic Stretch Therapy, Cauldron healing broth, Pruvit ketone supplement and the Full Spectrum Sunlighten Infrared Sauna. Ask about our The WHOLESTIC Method Nutritional Therapy packages!
I am also excited to team up with other practitioners and healers to offer seminars and workshops at Fitness Forward Studio to offer more method to help you transform the WHOLE you from the inside out with the elements of The WHOLESTIC Method.Describe how you see yourself using your NTP training in the next year. Our goal is to slow down the aging process for the maturing athlete at Fitness Forward Studio- that includes detox programs, digestion, leaky gut, joint health, brain health and more educational opportunities to help you take care of your WHOLE health!
New Nutritional Therapy Services include:
- Treatment for digestive issues as GERD, Leaky Gut and more.
- Fatigue, Sleep & Stress Management
- Detoxification Systems
- Hormone Balance
- Metabolic Efficiency
- Athletic Performance
- and more symptoms we can improve with Nutritional therapy once we go the the process, identify stressors and do some investigation to find the root cause…just like putting the pieces of a puzzle together.
The WHOLESTIC Method approach is unique as Debbie (me!) incorporates the Nutritional Therapy Practitioner skill set along with Metabolic Efficiency coaching and CHEK Holistic Lifestyle coaching skills into one program. Naturapaths and Functional Medicine Practitioners will be helpful to work as a team with The WHOLESTIC Method as well as Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture treatment. We are all bio-individuals and sometimes we need to find different approaches to determine which treatment or method helps optimize our health from the inside out.
I know from my years of battling Adrenal Exhaustion/HPA-Axis dysregulation issues, I have seen over ten different health providers until I found a more holistic mind-body approach to help determine what part of my body was causing the cascade of events and imbalances. Our bodies are similar to a bike wheel- one spoke is out of alignment then the entire wheel is impacted. You need to find a practitioner that you feel comfortable with, build a trusting relationship and keep communication open as you work together to get the results you are looking for. We should feel amazing each day- there is no reason to feel low energy, over weight and brain fog just because “we are getting older” or “that is how I am now”… we can find solutions to make you feel ten or more years younger, slow the aging process down and continue doing the sports or activities that you love to do as we age up! We should feel younger as we get older!
As a health coach, personal trainer and soon to be a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, I hope to continue learning about repairing gut health, immune system, detoxification system and the adrenal/HPA Axis function. We are all multi-tasking and rushing all day long… I want to help others stop living life as a race and start pacing themselves to not only teach the body to burn fat, but also to optimize our health and improve performance in life – and sports!
I know I have learned new information from my body after working with a Nutritional Therapist (NTP) as my stomach acid wasn’t the right Ph to digest my food- proteins, my pancreatic enzymes were not working to help breakdown my carbs, protein and fat- plus my liver/gallbladder were not working correctly to detox the toxins in my body or emulsify the healthy fats I was consuming in my higher fat/lower carbohydrate food plan that I thought was working well for me. If you can’t breakdown and absorb the nutrients from your food then we have a long chain of events that will occur as a result… a dysfunctional digestion system is related to dysfunctional hormone, adrenal, detox, minerals, fatty acid and more dysfunctional systems!
Remember The WHOLESTIC Method Coaching with Nutritional Therapy is not a quick fix program- but rather a transformational program that will be long-lasting as we will be getting your body to function and operate correctly (efficiently) and build new healthy habits!
Sign up and schedule your intro special to Nutritional Therapy with Debbie Potts here. See our new client forms on the website www.fitnessforwardstudio.com to get NTP paperwork (steps 1-4) and then return to me (scan or fax) before our first session. Please take time to complete paperwork- don’t rush through it as it won’t be accurate and as honest. Take time to answer questions and do your food log with symptoms throughout the day (not at the end of day when you don’t remember details). Focus and relax when doing the forms for best results!
Package includes three appointments:
- Disclaimer, Health History, Lifestyle, Food Journal Review and NAQ review
Functional Evaluation and supplement testing
The Plan including nutrition, health and additional nutrients/supplements needed based on your bio-individual needs from our assessment.
Start taking control of your health- you have a choice! Put the oxygen mask on first… schedule your intro special package today!