Lead Instructor for Nutritional Therapy Association, Co-Founder of Inneractive Healing Systems, and Co-Founder of Meo Energetics
John has been in a private clinical practice in New York City and Seattle since 1991. His multi-disciplined approach reflects his view that for healing to be sustained, it must occur on multiple levels of our being – structural, biochemical, electromagnetic, and emotional. John has integrated Nutritional Therapy with the structural bodywork of Aston Patterning, the Autonomic Reflex Technique pioneered by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, and the applied kinesiology methods developed by Dr. George Goodheart. A core principle and motivation for his work is the idea that nutrition should be a foundation for all disciplines of health care, including medicine, psychotherapy, skin care, dentistry, acupuncture, and massage. He believes passionately in sharing with others the power of nutrition in healing, and especially in healing the chronic conditions that afflict so many people today. He believes that it is of utmost importance to educate parents about the role nutrition plays in their child’s physical, mental, and emotional development.
John and Debbie talk about how to build a better brain to improve performance in life and sports! See our (first!) Youtube video podcast here as you must see the video of the testing to understand what we are talking about!
What is Vagal Tone and how does it work with Meo Energetics?
The vagal nerve is the nerve pathway that connects the brain to the pancreas, stomach, liver, gallbladder, intestines, lungs, heart, eyes, and mouth. The benefits of strong vagal tone are so wide-reaching because all these organs depend on being activated by the vagal response.
Use Vagal Tone™ for the following symptoms:
- Acid reflux
- Insufficient stomach acid
- Chronic tension
- Compromised immune system
- Sleep problems
“Strong vagal tone is the secret to health. Low vagal tone means the brain’s communication with the body is diminished.
The vagal nerve activates the branch of the autonomic nervous system called parasympathetic. Digestion, detoxification, and immune functions are only turned on when the body is in a parasympathetic state. Simply put: when stress is on, digestion is off.
We should optimally be in a Vagal State (parasympathetic) 80 percent of the time, but many people struggle to be in this state at any point during their day. This is because stress inhibits the vagal response. There are consequences: the body’s essential processes shut down.
- In the brain, strong vagal tone helps control anxiety and depression.
- In the stomach, strong vagal tone stimulates stomach acid, for optimal digestion.
- In the intestines, strong vagal tone triggers peristalsis. These muscle contractions allow food and waste to move through the digestive tract. Low vagal tone is a primary cause of constipation.
- In the pancreas, strong vagal tone triggers enzyme production and release for digestion.
- In the liver, strong vagal tone triggers detoxification and blood sugar functions.
- In the gallbladder, strong vagal tone triggers the release of bile, which rids the body of toxins and breaks down fat.
- In the heart, vagal tone controls heart rate and blood pressure. Strong vagal tone lowers the risk of heart disease.
- In the bladder, strong vagal tone allows for bladder retention, so low vagal tone can cause frequent urination.
- In the reproductive organs and genitals, strong vagal tone supports fertility and sexual arousal.
Weak or Strong Vagal Tone Is Your Choice:
|Weak Vagal Tone||Strong Vagal Tone|
Digestive disorders including leaky gut and food allergies
Digestion without any bloating, gas, or discomfort
|Not being able to feel turned on||
Not being able to tell when you are full or hungry
Feeling satiated and satisfied with a meal
Regular bowel movements
Meo Energetics’s Brain Oils support specific brain functions, just like different workouts strengthen specific muscles. Positive changes in your thoughts, behavior, and how your body works become a possibility within your reach.
- Apply Vagal Tone four times daily, before meals and before bed, to support the parasympathetic response.
- With this brain support in place, sit down to your meal in a relaxed state. Enjoy the process of mindful eating.
- With increased vagal tone, experience enhanced digestion and connection to your body.